Friday, February 13, 2009

"Three Swamp Sisters" Plein Air, favorite swamp...







The show is hung, wheew! Web site is updated and finally I get time for the blog updating...and for developing a system that makes my posting more regular.



"Endlessness" Plein Air, clouds are always available and they teach me to be decisive...







The title of the show is "Jewels in the Landscape: the delicacy of form, color and spirit". My lesson from this show is Standardize or Die! Still, I fell in love with several of the unusual formats such as an exaggerated landscape format, very long and skinny.

Here are several of the long skinny clouds I've included in the exhibit.



"Fleeting" Plein Air, fast moving weather in April demanded play and resolve...





"Door County Bay and Sky" Plein Air, done last May, I'll be back for the Invitational Door County Plein Air Competition, see below...






This last year was a good year, I hit a lot of target goals, so I was remiss in blogging, but below are highlights. You can check out my pastelfish.com site for more info, events and publications will soon have links to more Door County info:
• Selected invitee, "Door County Invitational Plein Air Competition, Auction & Exhibition" 07/09
• Solo Show, Mackerel Sky Gallery, East Lansing Feb/March 09
• Featured artist "Art As Response", CreateBetterPaintings.com magazine 07/08
• Honorable mention, "HHAL National Exhibit" Hilton Head SC, 05/08
• "Jack Richeson's 75 Small Works" book Fall/08
• "Workshop Scholarship Award", Scottsdale Artists School 03/08
• "Jack Richeson's Artist Choice" book, due summer 08

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may take a day or two to upload, we are moderating them before posting.