Wednesday, August 05, 2009


"First Light", 3x18 inches, pastel and gouache.

Another long skinny from painting at the very formal Victorian garden in town, this one is probably sold, maybe sooner than later since I have two entities vying for it. What was fun with this painting is that blanched quality of light when it's so angular and bright and contrasts strongly with the equally angular shadows ... all with light touches of roses, bar berry and blue shadow colors.

And with this painting, there is a "going in and in" that people have described with some of my work. What I understand that to be is an effective illusion of space, detail, atmosphere.

2 comments:

  1. I'm delighted to see your newest work. Awesome. Got your phone message. My head has been spinning, as our youngest daughter has just gotten engaged & will be married in approx 6 weeks! Seriously. We're thrilled. Keep up the dedicated work. I want to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing Debbie. I enjoyed meeting you and your light shiny spirit. Sounds like your family is moving quickly into life and all good things. Stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete

Comments may take a day or two to upload, we are moderating them before posting.